Endeavour Consulting for Non-Profits (Endeavour) is seeking qualified candidates to join our Board of Directors.
Board Member Responsibilities
As a Board member, you will be required to:
- Support the vision, mission and values of Endeavour
- Attend 4 quarterly Board meetings per year and the Annual General Meeting in Toronto
- Participate on a Board committee – Governance, Strategy, Finance or Fundraising
- Advise on the organization’s strategic direction, goals and priorities
- Provide oversight of the Chief Executive Officer
- Monitor organization results and operations
- Make a modest financial donation
The time commitment is estimated to be approximately 5 hours per month. This is a highly rewarding volunteer role with no compensation.
Endeavour’s Board is comprised of professionals from the non-profit, private and public sectors. The Board is seeking professionals from a variety of fields and sectors who are passionate and committed to helping Endeavour achieve success.
As an ideal candidate, you have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Prior Board of Directors experience
- Business, corporate, consulting and/or senior management
- The not-for-profit industry and networks
- Charitable fundraising
- Finance and accounting
- Legal knowledge relevant to a charitable organization
- Not-for-profit corporate partnerships and sponsorships
We are seeking candidates with a broad diversity of backgrounds – gender, age, ethnicity, and more. Currently, our highest priorities are in the areas of finance, fundraising and governance. Prior experience with Endeavour is a definite asset.
We envision a world where access to professional consulting services is not a barrier to non-profits in achieving their goals, regardless of their financial capacity.
Endeavour is a Canadian charity that provides management consulting to improve organizational capacity and community impact for non-profits. We recruit, train and match teams of skilled volunteers with non-profit organizations in need of pro-bono consulting. Our focus is on serving non-profit organizations that otherwise cannot afford professional consulting.
Since 2007, Endeavour has engaged more than 1,000 volunteers to provide an estimated $8 million in consulting to local, national and international non-profits based in Canada. Our non-profit clients work in a variety of sectors and services including the arts, children and family services, disabilities, education, environment, healthcare, immigrant services, rural development, skills training, poverty relief, and youth development.
To learn more, please visit www.endeavourvolunteer.ca.
Apply for this volunteer opportunity by email with your cover letter and resume to the Nominations Committee at email@example.com with “Endeavour Board of Directors” in the subject line by Friday, May 26th, 2023.