Based in Toronto, Endeavour Volunteer Consulting for Non-Profits is a Canadian charity that provides management consulting to improve organizational capacity and community impact for non-profits. We recruit, train and match teams of skilled volunteers with non-profit organizations in need of pro bono consulting. Our focus is on serving non-profit organizations that otherwise cannot afford professional consulting.
Since 2007, Endeavour has engaged more than a thousand volunteers from a variety of fields and industries to provide consulting to local, national and international non-profits based in Canada, primarily in the Greater Toronto Area. Our non-profit clients work in a variety of sectors and services including the arts, children and family services, disabilities, education, environment, healthcare, immigrant services, rural development, skills training, poverty relief, and youth development.
We are looking for a part-time volunteer Webmaster to maintain our WordPress website. You will be responsible to update the websites with regular changes to the content. Responsibilities include:
- Respond to the requests from the executive team to update website content (e.g, team members, job postings, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Development of new pages and content as required.
- Keep the website up-to-date with recent plugin updates
- Estimated 1-2 hours of work per week. This may increase to 2-5 hours/week in some times of the year
- Long-term commitment (1-2+ years) to Endeavour Volunteer Consulting for Non-Profits
- Ability to collaborate and deliver results in a virtual work environment
- Previous experience maintaining a WordPress or a similar website is a plus
- Experience with HTML & CSS is a plus
- Attention to detail
- Writing HTML Emails
- Familiarity with FTP
- Experience with responsive design
- Opportunity to help consulting teams work better together and produce better results
- Learn necessary skills, strengthen and broaden your experience managing a website
- Contribute to strategic directions and successes of a growing non-profit organization
- Build relationships with a diverse group of professionals and leaders in consulting, industry, the social sector, and academia
- Make an impact while having fun!
- Future opportunities to volunteer in other capacities and divisions within Endeavour
- Relevant work experience in an IT team
- Flexible schedule
Documents Required: Resume and cover letter
Subject Line: Application for Webmaster Position
Send to: email@example.com