Vice President, Consulting
Based in Toronto, Endeavour Volunteer Consulting for Non-Profits is a Canadian charity that provides management consulting to improve organizational capacity and community impact for non-profits that otherwise cannot afford professional consulting. Endeavour has two consulting engagement rounds during the year, in the fall and in the spring. For each round, Endeavour will recruit and match teams of skilled volunteers with non-profit organizations in need of pro bono consulting.
Since 2007, Endeavour has engaged more than 1000 volunteers on over 134 projects — delivering more than $8 million in pro bono consulting to local, national and international non-profits based in Canada. Endeavour’s partnerships with leading corporations in Canada offer pro bono and skills-based volunteering opportunities that contribute to employee engagement, professional and leadership development, talent retention and corporate responsibility goals.
To learn more, visit www.endeavourvolunteer.ca.
Endeavour is looking for a dedicated and driven volunteer to join the Senior Leadership Team as Vice-President of Consulting. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and managing the Consulting Division responsible for providing pro bono consulting services to non-profit organizations.
1. Client Management
The Consulting Division is responsible for all aspects of client management, including non-profit outreach, project and client screening and selection, and relationship management. As Vice-President of Consulting, you will lead and manage a team with the following responsibilities:
- Managing the semi-annual client recruitment cycle, including maintaining up-to-date non-profit outreach and client lists, working with Marketing on non-profit client outreach, and collaborating with various departments to ensure effective and efficient recruitment cycles
- Managing the client and project selection process, including preparing application form, screening project applications, shortlisting and interviewing potential non-profit clients, selecting clients and projects according to Endeavour’s eligibility and selection criteria and guidelines, and maintaining client agreements and profile information
- Managing client relationships, including liaising with clients to ensure satisfaction with consulting engagements, and as necessary, working with Project Management, HR and consulting teams to troubleshoot and address client/project concerns/issues
- Collaborating with Research & Evaluation in collecting client feedback to measure and communicate client satisfaction and impact
- Documenting and refining Endeavour’s client management processes, criteria and standards for continuous improvement and knowledge transfer
2. Project Management
The Consulting Division is responsible for all aspects of project management. As Vice-President of Consulting, you will lead and manage a team with the following responsibilities:
- Providing project management support to consulting teams, including coordinating with various departments to provide information and resources for project kick off, team meetings, trainings, review sessions and project closure, and providing other timely support to teams as required
- Monitoring team performance and project progress, including facilitating team review sessions and debriefs, and addressing issues that arise during the engagement cycle
- Documenting and refining Endeavour’s project management processes and consulting methodologies for continuous improvement and knowledge transfer
As Vice-President, you will also be responsible for general management and leadership functions, including:
- Recruiting and managing direct reports to carry out responsibilities of the division
- Working with direct reports to develop annual goals and assess annual performance
- Reporting the division’s activities and accomplishments to the Board of Directors
- Developing and refining policies and procedures relevant to the division
- Participating in regular meetings with Senior Leadership Team, Endeavour Executive Team, and direct reports
- Endeavour volunteer experience strongly preferred
- Experience managing a team in a volunteer and/or work environment
- Excellent leadership, teamwork, communication and presentation skills
- Client management and project management skills
- Strong initiative and results-oriented
- Ability to thrive in a virtual work environment
- Minimum two year commitment
- Strengthen and broaden your leadership and management skills and experience
- Build connections and relationships with a dynamic group of young and seasoned professionals and leaders in consulting, industry, community and academia
- Become a part of the growth and success of an entrepreneurial non-profit leading the pro bono movement in Canada
- Make an impact while having fun!
- Future opportunities to volunteer in other capacities and divisions within Endeavour
- Flexible schedule
Application Deadline: Internal: July 29, 2018 / External: Aug 3, 2018
Subject Line: Vice President, Consulting