Vice President, Business Development
We envision a world where access to professional consulting services is not a barrier to non-profits in achieving their goals, regardless of their financial capacity.
Endeavour is a Canadian charity that provides management consulting to improve organizational capacity and community impact. We recruit, train and match teams of skilled volunteers with non-profit organizations in need of pro bono consulting. Since 2007, Endeavour has engaged more than 400 volunteers from a variety of fields and industries to provide consulting to over 70 local, national and international non-profits based in Canada. Endeavour works primarily in the Greater Toronto Area, with clients from a variety of sectors, including the arts, education, the environment and healthcare.
Since 2012, Endeavour has partnered with leading corporations in Canada to offer employer-supported pro bono and skills-based volunteering programs that contribute to employee engagement, professional and leadership development, talent retention and corporate responsibility goals. Endeavour’s pro bono programs range from done-in-a-day pro bono projects to longer term volunteer consulting engagements, with corporate partners spanning across different industries.
As a Canadian pioneer and leader in the growing global pro bono movement, Endeavour represents Canada in the Global Pro Bono Summit which brings together corporate and non-profit leaders with a shared vision to make the talents and skills of the business community accessible to organizations serving the collective good. Endeavour also celebrates global Pro Bono Week during the last week of October to build awareness, support and engagement for pro bono in Canada. To learn more, visit www.endeavourvolunteer.ca
Vice President, Business Development Overview
Endeavour is seeking new sources of growth. We are looking for someone to help create and lead a new function within the organization – business development. We are seeking creative-minded solutions and partnership options.
The VP of Business Development will provide a critical role for Endeavour, developing partnerships with non-profits and/or corporations to assist Endeavour in engaging more volunteers to provide consulting services to more non-profits with a sustainable approach.
The VP of Business Development will report to the President and will be responsible for identifying, developing, and maintaining relationships with potential partners for business development opportunities. The VP will lead discussions with potential partners and lead the development of contracts outlining the services that will be provided by Endeavour. Once contracts with partners are signed, the VP will be responsible for transitioning the relationship to another Endeavour team for ongoing partnership management.
Key Role Objectives
- Recruit and manage a Business Development team to identify and secure partnerships
- Develop and run a pilot to test the effectiveness of developed approaches, materials, communications, and processes in securing partnerships
- Take ownership of the business development strategy and implement a business development plan that ensures the creation of valuable partnerships
- Recruit and manage a team to execute the business development plan
- Create and manage a potential partner database
- Own relationships and conduct ongoing outreach activities (meetings, emails, etc.) to effectively manage relationship development with potential partners over time
- Lead the creation of materials to share with potential partners
- Collaborate with Endeavour team members to determine what programs can be offered to potential partners
- Lead the development of contracts with potential partners
- Effectively transition partner relationship management and transfer knowledge of the defined program to Endeavour’s Program/Training team to build and deliver the program –
- Time commitment: ~5 hours per week
Endeavour seeks a candidate that is passionate about working with the broader Endeavour team to establish and implement an effective business development strategy.
As an ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing sales strategies with a proven sales track record
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Experience working with senior leaders
- Experience leading a team of professionals and/or volunteers
- Ability to design creative solutions that meet the needs of numerous parties
- An established network and industry contacts that can be leveraged
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration / Commerce
- Professional industry credentials
The following qualifications would also be valuable:
- Experience working with Endeavour as a client/volunteer consultant/corporate partner
- Experience working at a senior level in a non-profit organization
- Experience working in Human Resources
- Expertise in corporate philanthropy/CSR
- Expertise and networks in the capacity building community at the provincial or local level
- Involvement in national industry associations
- Availability during regular business hours
Apply for this volunteer opportunity by email with your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Endeavour VP of Business Development” in subject line by end of day July 6th, 2018.