Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
Endeavour provides management consulting to enable non-profit leaders to improve organizational
performance and social impact. We are a volunteer organization that serves non-profits that otherwise
cannot afford professional consulting. Since 2007, Endeavour has recruited and managed more than 200
volunteers to provide management advice to non-profits helping communities in many areas, such as
the arts, children and family services, disabilities, education, environment, healthcare, immigrant
services, rural development, skills training, poverty relief, and youth development. To learn more, visit
Do you love creating digital content that catches the attention of target audiences? Endeavour is looking
for a social media enthusiast to join our integrated Marketing and Communications team! The Social
Media Manager will lead the development and implementation of the organization’s social media
strategy with the objective of strengthening Endeavour’s online presence, and building engagement
with the non-profit sector.
The role is ideal for someone with experience leveraging social media platforms for awareness and
outreach campaigns from planning through to implementation including content writing, graphics, and
curation. This is a great opportunity to make positive and measurable progress towards increasing
Endeavour’s brand awareness and in turn the impact of its work in the community.
• In consultation with the Marketing and Communications team develop and implement an
ongoing social media content strategy in support of the department’s goals of strengthening
Endeavour’s online presence, and building engagement with the non-profit sector.
• Post original and curated social media content which contributes to building Endeavour’s
reputation as a thought leader in the realm of pro bono management consulting for non-profits.
• Support Endeavour’s bi-annual recruitment of non-profit clients and volunteers for consulting
rounds, by contributing social media content to awareness and outreach campaigns.
• Manage end-to-end content creation of social media campaigns and daily posts.
• Collaborate with the other members of the Marketing and Communications team to coordinate
integration of all blogging, social media, graphic design, and community engagement work.
• Participate in Marketing and Communications team meetings including editorial planning,
strategy development, and status updates.
• Define, track and report on key metrics for Endeavour’s social media channels and digital
campaigns and recommend strategies for continuous improvement.
• 3 years of demonstrated experience managing or contributing to an organization’s social media
channels including content creation and curation, planning campaigns, and tracking metrics.
• Ability to effectively repurpose blog, reports, articles etc. for engaging social media content –
both copy and graphics/images.
• Some familiarity with creating graphics/images for social media is an asset.
• Ability to collaborate, provide updates, and deliver results in a virtual work environment.
• Strong motivation and initiative to take the lead in carrying out responsibilities.
• Great organizational and time management skills.
• Availability to attend occasional team meetings by phone or in person (planned in advance).
• Minimum 1 year commitment to Endeavor Volunteer Consulting for Non-Profits.
• Strengthen and broaden your skills in social media management and analytics
• Build relationships with a diverse group of professionals and leaders in consulting, industry, the
social sector, and academia
• Make an impact while having fun!
• Future opportunities to volunteer in other capacities and divisions within Endeavour
• Flexible schedule
• Application Deadline: February 6, 2021
• Documents Required: Resume and cover letter
• Subject Line: Social Media Manager
• Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org