Based in Toronto, Endeavour Volunteer Consulting for Non-Profits is a Canadian charity that provides management consulting to improve organizational capacity and community impact for non-profits that otherwise cannot afford professional consulting. Endeavour has two consulting engagement rounds during the year, in the fall and in the spring. For each round, Endeavour will recruit and match teams of skilled volunteers with non-profit organizations in need of pro bono consulting.
Since 2007, Endeavour has engaged more than 1000 volunteers on over 134 projects — delivering more than $8 million in pro bono consulting to local, national and international non-profits based in Canada. Endeavour’s partnerships with leading corporations in Canada offer pro bono and skills-based volunteering opportunities that contribute to employee engagement, professional and leadership development, talent retention and corporate responsibility goals.
To learn more, visit www.endeavourvolunteer.ca.
Endeavour is seeking a dedicated volunteer to lead the organization as President. Committed to the vision and mission of Endeavour, the President works closely with the Board of Directors and Senior Leadership Team to set and achieve strategic direction to grow Endeavour’s impact in the community.
The President is an advocate for the growing skills-based volunteering/pro bono field and represents Endeavour and Canada in the Global Pro Bono Network. The candidate must understand the limitations of working with a volunteer organization and have proven experience leading a volunteer organization.
Achieve growth targets to increase Endeavour’s impact in the community and set and execute the appropriate staffing model and organizational structure to support growth.
Working closely with the Board of Directors and Senior Leadership Team, the President is responsible for strategic vision, leadership and management, governance and board affairs, development, partnerships and community relations.
Strategic Vision, Leadership and Management
- Work closely with the Board of Directors to develop multi-year strategic directions in alignment with the organization’s vision and mission
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to implement the strategic plan, including developing annual plans, budget management and reporting progress to the Board of Directors
- Build, lead and support a Senior Leadership Team and President’s Office to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of programs and operations, including Consulting, Corporate Programs, Human Resources, Marketing & Communications, IT & Information Management, Finance, and Evaluation
- Foster a culture that reflects the vision, mission and core values of Endeavour
- Establish and refine organizational policies and procedures as required
Governance and Board Affairs
- Work closely with the Board Chair and Board of Directors to develop and maintain board effectiveness and good governance
- Work with the Board to set and manage quarterly board meetings, annual general meetings and member meetings
- Support the Board Chair, Secretary and Treasurer in carrying out their responsibilities
- Provide support to the board committees, e.g. External Affairs Committee, Governance Committee and Nominations Committee
- Ensure required board-related policies, insurance and documentation are maintained
Development, Partnerships and Community Relations
- Ensure revenue generation and fundraising to support ongoing programs and operations
- Develop and manage corporate skills-based volunteering/pro bono programs and partnerships
- Build and manage key partnerships and sponsorships, e.g. Lough Barnes Consulting Group, City of Toronto
- Represent Endeavour and Canada in the Global Pro Bono Network and Global Pro Bono Summit
- Represent Endeavour as a Canadian leader in the skills-based/pro bono volunteering field with corporate and community stakeholders
- Strong commitment to Endeavour’s vision, mission, values, and continued success and growth
- Excellent leadership, management, strategy, planning, communications, relationship building, presentation and organizational skills
- Relevant work experience
- Experience successfully leading a team of volunteers
- Experience working effectively with a board of directors
- Entrepreneurial with strong initiative and ability to thrive in a virtual work environment
- Endeavour volunteer experience on the executive team and a consulting team strongly preferred
Please apply by submitting your resume via email to email@example.com. Please submit your application by May 19, 2019.