Note – all interviews for those successful applicants will take place on August 6th and 7th, 2022 online EST via Zoom. Candidates who are unable to attend the interviews will not be considered.
Want to make a difference in your career? Consider applying for this opportunity!
Endeavour Volunteer Consulting is an inclusive charitable organization and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion/creed, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other grounds.
We are seeking Engagement Managers with 4+ years experience lead teams and working with clients within a consulting firm or similar business environment. As the engagement manager of the consulting team, you will have the opportunity to lead a 6-month engagement from September 2022 – March 2023 to provide strategic management advice to the leadership of a non-profit organization. Teams are typically composed of five consultants, led by an engagement manager and with mentorship from a project advisor with subject matter expertise in the industry.
This is a rewarding volunteer experience that requires a time and team commitment. Please review the details below prior to applying to ensure these fit into your schedule, inclusive of the interview and project meeting dates. If the 6-month period may not be ideal for your schedule, we encourage you to apply in the next round.
Endeavour’s clients work in a variety of sectors and services including the arts, children and family services, disabilities, education, environment, healthcare, immigrant services, rural development, skills training, poverty relief, and youth development.
Sample projects Endeavour teams have worked on recently include:
- COVID recovery strategy
- Earned revenue strategy
- Program review and optimization
- Stakeholder awareness & engagement strategy
- Digital marketing strategy for regional expansion
- Operational process optimization
What you will do as an Engagement Manager
The Engagement Manager plays a pivotal role in the overall success of the consulting engagement, including:
1) Project Leadership & Management;
2) Client Leadership and Relations;
3) Advisor Relations;
4) Associate Development; and
5) Organizational Development & Knowledge Management.
Endeavour will supply both a project advisor as well as project management guidelines to support the Engagement Manager.
To learn more about the role, visit https://endeavourvolunteer.ca/volunteer/roles/
To be eligible for Endeavour’s engagement manager opportunities, you must have a post-secondary education or equivalent experience, 4+ years’ work experience with a focus in business development, sales, marketing, strategy, operations, non-profits, government roles (directly or indirectly), digital marketing, digital operations and/or digital transformation automation.
You should also be adept at remote work and be available for events and meetings on weeknights or weekends during your consulting engagement. Of particular note are the event dates hosted on select Saturday mornings on Eastern Time noted at the end of this posting.
Engagement manager candidates require the following qualifications:
- Proven record of high performance and substantial achievements in your past positions or outstanding records of academic and managerial or professional achievement
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills; preparation and presentation of visual PowerPoint decks and reports to senior executives would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment; experience in leading project team, solving project issue and conducting data analysis would be considered an asset
- Initiative taker, eager to break new ground, create opportunities for others
- Project management experience
- Recommended 4+ years full-time work experience in the private/public/non-profit sector
- Consulting and non-profit experience preferred
Candidates will also be assessed on the criteria listed here: https://endeavourvolunteer.ca/volunteer/what-we-look-for/
To be a successful Engagement Managers, you are responsible for the following:
- Participating in orientation and training sessions
- Presenting at midterm review and final review sessions to fellow consulting teams and members of Endeavour’s Advisory Committee and Executive Team
- Leading a team of 4-6 volunteer consultants, facilitating the progress of the team and ensuring timelines and deliverables are met.
- Actively contribute to the success of the project by leading the development of a statement of work based on team consultations with your client and project advisor
- Working with the team to research, collect, analyze and synthesize data
- Leading the development of strategic options and recommendations for presentation to client management
- Sharing your experiences and feedback with the Endeavour Executive Team
Endeavour is an experience that will enable you to develop the skills, insights and relationships to make a positive impact across communities. Click the link here to see the experiences of past consultants and Engagement Managers.
As an Endeavour Engagement Manager, you will be able to:
- Gain experience in leading a project team with high caliber professionals from diverse backgrounds and own the client relationship during a 6-month engagement
- Comprehensive training and support to successfully complete a consulting engagement
- Build new connections and opportunities to further your professional and personal growth
- Make a difference in our community
For more details, visit www.endeavourvolunteer.ca/benefits
Volunteers must be available to attend the following events for Round 31, tentatively scheduled for the following dates:
- Engagement Manager/Consultant Orientation and Training Session- I: Saturday September 24, 2022
- Training Session-II: Saturday October 22, 2022
- Mid-Term Presentation: Saturday December 3, 2022
- Final Presentation: Saturday March 4, 2023
Depending on the phase of the project, volunteers are expected to commit 10-15 hours per week for project work, meetings, events and travel. Volunteers schedule meetings with their team, client and advisor based on the availability of the participants, and make their own travel arrangements to and from meetings and events.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please review our answers to frequently asked questions at https://endeavourvolunteer.ca/volunteer/faq/
If you have at least four years of experience managing a team and working with clients within a consulting firm or similar business environment, you should consider applying for the Engagement Manager role. If you would like to be considered for a consultant role as well, you can also apply for that position and will be considered for both.
Only current or past Endeavour volunteers are eligible to be staffed as Senior Consultants.
Please note that the Engagement Manager role is a leadership position within the team and would require a commitment of 10-15 hours per week to lead the team (more details on the engagement manager role are listed at https://endeavourvolunteer.ca/volunteer/roles/). When applying for the Engagement Manager role, please include all leadership, volunteer and extracurricular activities in your resume.
Round 31 Fall 2022/Winter 2023 applications will be accepted until July 6, 2022 at 11:59PM (Eastern Standard Time).
Incomplete or late applications will not be reviewed. Applicants are strongly recommended to apply well in advance of application deadline to allow sufficient time to clarify any questions and to resolve any technical issues.
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview to take place on zoom during the weekend of August 6th and 7th, 2022. The interview will include behavioural and situational questions, as well as a discussion on a non-profit case to be provided in advance.