Note – all interviews for those successful applicants will take place in person Aug 10 and 11, 2019. Candidates who are unable to attend the interviews in-person would not be considered. There will be no alternative arrangements for the interviews.
Endeavour is currently recruiting volunteer Engagement Managers. As a manager of the consulting team, you will have the opportunity to lead a six-month engagement to provide strategic management advice to the leadership of non-profits in need. Teams are typically composed of five consultants, led by an engagement manager with mentorship from a project advisor.
This is a very rewarding volunteer experience that requires time commitment. Please review the details prior to applying to ensure this fits into your schedule, inclusive of the interview and project meeting dates. If the 6-month period noted may not be ideal for your schedule, we encourage you to apply in the next round.
Engagement Manager Role:
The Engagement Manager plays a pivotal role in the overall success of the consulting engagement. The Engagement Manager role involves:
- Project Leadership & Management;
- Client Leadership and Relations;
- Advisor Relations;
- Associate Development; and
- Organizational Development & Knowledge Management.
Endeavour will supply both an advisor as well as project management guidelines to support the Engagement Manager. To learn more about the role, visit https://endeavourvolunteer.ca/volunteer/roles/
Engagement Managers are responsible for the following:
- Participating in orientation, mid-term and final review sessions, and three training sessions – ENSURE TO REVIEW THE DATES NOTED BELOW
- Leading a team of 4-6 volunteer consultants, facilitating the progress of the team, ensuring timelines and deliverables are met.
- Actively contribute to the success of the project by leading development of a statement of work based on team consultations with your client and project advisor
- Working with the team to research, collect, analyze and synthesize data
- Leading the development of strategic options and recommendations for presentation to client management
- Making presentations to your client, fellow consulting teams, and members of Endeavour’s Advisory Committee and Executive Team
- Sharing your experiences and feedback with the Endeavour Executive Team
Endeavour is an experience that will enable you to develop the skills, insights and relationships to make a positive impact across communities. Click the link here to see the experiences of past consultants/Engagement Manager. As an Endeavour Engagement Manager, you will be able to:
- Gain experience in leading a project team with high caliber professionals from diverse backgrounds, own client relationship during the 6-month engagement
- Comprehensive training and support to successfully complete a consulting engagement
- New connections and opportunities to further your professional and personal growth
- Make a difference in our community
For more details, visit https://endeavourvolunteer.ca/volunteer/faq/
To be eligible for Endeavour’s engagement manager opportunities, you must have a post-secondary education or equivalent experience, 5+ years’ work experience with a focus in non-profits, business development, sales, marketing or strategy and operations. You also have to be available for meetings in the Greater Toronto Area during your engagement.
Candidates will be assessed on the criteria listed at https://endeavourvolunteer.ca/volunteer/faq/.
Engagement manager candidates require the following qualifications:
- Proven record of high performance and substantial achievements in your past positions or outstanding records of academic and managerial or professional achievement
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills; preparation and presentation of visual Powerpoint decks and reports to senior executives would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment; experience in leading project team, solving project issue and conducting data analysis would be considered an asset
- Initiative taker, eager to break new ground, create opportunities for others
- Project management experience
- Recommended 5+ years full-time work experience in the private/public/non-profit sector
- Consulting and non-profit experience preferred
Volunteers must be available to attend the following events for Round 25, tentatively scheduled for the following dates:
- Engagement Manager/Consultant Orientation and Training Session- I: Saturday, Sep 28, 2019
- Training Session- II: Saturday, Oct 26, 2019
- Mid-Term Presentation: Saturday, Dec 7, 2019
- Final Presentation: Saturday, Mar 7, 2020
Depending on the phase of the 6-month project, volunteers are expected to commit 10-15 hours per week for project work, meetings, events and travel. Volunteers schedule meetings with their team, client and advisor based on the availability of the participants, and make their own travel arrangements to and from meetings and events.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please review our answers to frequently asked questions at https://endeavourvolunteer.ca/volunteer/faq/
If you have further questions, please get in touch with Co-Directors of Volunteer Recruitment and Retention at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have at least four years of experience managing a team and working with clients within a consulting firm or similar business environment, you should consider applying for the engagement manager role. If you would like to be considered for a consultant role as well, you can also apply for that position and will be considered for both. Only current or past Endeavour volunteers are eligible to be staffed as senior consultants. Please include all leadership, volunteer and extracurricular activities in your resume.
Round 25 – Fall/Winter 2019 applications will be accepted until Jun 30th, 2019 at 11:59PM.
Incomplete or late applications will not be reviewed. Applicants are strongly recommended to apply well in advance of application deadline to allow sufficient time to clarify any questions and to resolve any technical issues. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview to take place tentatively in downtown Toronto during the weekend of Aug 10/11, 2019. The interview will include behavioural and situational questions, discussion on leadership experiences as well as a discussion on a non-profit case to be provided in advance.