Note – all interviews for those successful applicants will take place in person, February 9-10, 2019
Endeavour is currently recruiting volunteer consultants, with an emphasis on those with Marketing or Strategy/Operations experience. As a member of the consulting team, you will have the opportunity to work on a six-month engagement to provide strategic management advice to the leadership of a non-profit organization. Teams are typically composed of five consultants, led by an engagement manager with mentorship from a project advisor. This is a very rewarding volunteer experience that requires a time and team commitment. Please review the details prior to applying to ensure this fits into your schedule, inclusive of the interview and project meeting dates. If the 6-month period noted may not be ideal for your schedule, we encourage you to apply at a later date.
Consultants participate in all aspects of the consulting engagement, from problem solving to delivering client recommendations. At Endeavour, we differentiate between a Consultant, and Senior Consultant. The Consultant is a role for working professionals. The Senior Consultant is a role reserved for a returning Endeavour consultant with positive feedback from former team members.
To learn more about the role, visit https://endeavourvolunteer.ca/volunteer/roles/
Engagement Managers and Consultants are responsible for the following:
- Participating in orientation, mid-term and final review sessions, and two training sessions – ENSURE TO REVIEW THE DATES NOTED BELOW
- Working collaboratively in a team of peer volunteers
- Developing a statement of work based on team consultations with your client and project advisor
- Researching, collecting, analyzing and synthesizing data
- Developing strategic options and recommendations
- Making presentations to your client, fellow consulting teams, and members of Endeavour’s Advisory Committee and Executive Team
- Sharing your experiences and feedback with the Endeavour Executive Team
To learn more about specific responsibilities, visit https://endeavourvolunteer.ca/volunteer/roles/
Endeavour is an experience that will enable you to develop the skills, insights and relationships to make a positive impact across communities.
As an Endeavour volunteer, you will be provided with the following benefits:
- Comprehensive training and support to successfully complete a consulting engagement with a non-profit client
- Access to a diverse network of professionals and students from a variety of backgrounds
- New connections, insights and opportunities to further your professional and personal growth
For more details, visit www.endeavourvolunteer.ca/benefits
To be eligible for Endeavour’s consultant opportunities, you must have a post-secondary education or equivalent experience, 5+ years’ work experience with a focus in marketing and/or strategy/operations, and be available for events and meetings in the Greater Toronto Area during your six-month consulting engagement.
Candidates will be assessed on the criteria listed at https://endeavourvolunteer.ca/volunteer/what-we-look-for/
Volunteers must be available to attend the following events for Round 24, tentatively scheduled for the following dates:
- Engagement Manager/Consultant Orientation and Training Session- I: Saturday, March 23, 2019
- Training Session- II: Saturday, April 20, 2019
- Mid-Term Presentation: Saturday, June 1, 2019
- Final Presentation: Saturday, August 17, 2019
Depending on the phase of the 6-month project, volunteers are expected to commit 5-10 hours per week for project work, meetings, events and travel to meetings/events. Volunteers schedule meetings with their team, client and advisor based on the availability of the participants, and make their own travel arrangements to and from meetings and events.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please review our answers to frequently asked questions at https://endeavourvolunteer.ca/volunteer/faq/
If you have further questions, please get in touch with Richa and Eunice, Co-Directors of Volunteer Recruitment and Retention at email@example.com
If you have at least four years of experience managing a team and working with clients within a consulting firm or similar business environment, you should consider applying for the engagement manager role. If you would like to be considered for a consultant role as well, you can also apply for that position and will be considered for both. Only current or past Endeavour volunteers are eligible to be staffed as senior consultants. Please include all leadership, volunteer and extracurricular activities in your resume.
Round 24 – Fall/Winter 2019 applications will be accepted until January 11th, 2019 at 11:59PM.
Incomplete or late applications will not be reviewed. Applicants are strongly recommended to apply well in advance of application deadline to allow sufficient time to clarify any questions and to resolve any technical issues. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview to take place tentatively in downtown Toronto during the weekend of February 9-10, 2019. The interview will include behavioural and situational questions, as well as a discussion on a non-profit case to be provided in advance. Note – due to the requirements for all volunteers that weekend, there will be no alternate accommodations for interviews.