Endeavour is looking for a volunteer to join the Consulting Division as a Co-Director of Project Management. In this role, you will play a critical role within the organization in ensuring each engagement is a success for volunteers, clients and Endeavour. Your responsibilities include: managing the Project Management Committee, which includes 3 Project Managers (PMs) who provide guidance and support to 2 or 3 engagements each per project cycle, facilitating and organizing Endeavour’s Mid-term & Final Review sessions, and managing e-mail communication with our volunteer Consultants and Engagement Managers.
As a Co-Director of Project Management, you will be responsible for the following areas:
- Attend the Orientation Session at the beginning of each consulting cycle/round and provide new volunteers with information regarding the Project Management resources available to them throughout the duration of their consulting project
- Assign each PM to a set of consulting engagements at the start of each consulting cycle/round
- Provide support/guidance to PMs in response to any issues/challenges (e.g. team dynamic issues, leadership challenges, client communication problems, scope creep, etc.) that may arise during each project, and escalate as appropriate to senior leadership
- Schedule monthly calls/meetings with each PM to receive updates on the current status of each engagement
- Present brief updates on the status of each consulting project to VP of Consulting on a monthly basis and to Endeavour’s Executive team at quarterly executive meetings
Mid-term & Final Review Sessions
- Organize, host, and facilitate the Mid-term and Final Review sessions during each consulting cycle/round
E-mail Communication & Logistics
- Monitor the centralized e-mail inbox for volunteer operations on a daily basis, and respond to (or re-direct) volunteer inquiries
- Previous Endeavour volunteer experience, particularly as a Senior Consultant or Engagement Manager, is an asset
- Previous project management experience is an asset
- Excellent leadership skills, organizational, time management skills, communication, presentation, and relationship-building skills
- Availability to attend, host, organize Mid-term & Final Review sessions (with over 30+ volunteer attendees)
- Strong motivation and initiative to take the lead in carrying out responsibilities, and identifying and implementing new initiatives that enhance the project experience
- Ability to collaborate and deliver results in a virtual work environment
- Long-term commitment (1-2+ years) to Endeavour Volunteer Consulting for Non-Profits
- Availability and willingness to travel to subway-accessible meeting spaces in the Toronto area if needed
This role will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Develop processes to help the project management committee better support consulting teams throughout their engagements.
- Strengthen, develop, and broaden your leadership and management skills and experiences.
- Build relationships with a diverse group of passionate professionals and leaders with different backgrounds including consulting, non-profit, industry, and academia.
- Contribute to the strategic directions and successes of a growing non-profit organization.
- Make an impact while having fun!
- Pursue future opportunities to volunteer in other capacities and divisions within Endeavour.
- Maintain a flexible schedule.
- Cover Letter and Resume
Subject Line: Application for Endeavour Co-Director of Project Management