Board Member Responsibilities
Endeavour is seeking new board members for a three-year renewable term from 2020 to 2023 to support the organization’s strategic direction and growth.
As a Board member, you will be required to:
- Support the vision, mission and values of Endeavour
- Participate in board meetings and Annual General Meeting in Toronto
- Advise on the organization’s strategic directions and goals
- Provide oversight in finance, human resources, and risk management
- Participate on ad-hoc committees, e.g. nominations, strategic planning, external affairs, governance
- Make a donation
- Support fundraising activities
Time commitment: 5 hours per month. There are currently five regular meetings of the Board of Directors scheduled per year. The meetings are typically held on a weekend afternoon or weekday evening for 2-2.5 hours.
Endeavour’s Board is comprised of professionals from the non-profit, private and public sectors. The Board is seeking professionals from a variety of fields and sectors who are passionate and committed to helping Endeavour achieve a new level of success.
As an ideal candidate, you possess at least one of the following qualifications:
- Expertise and networks in corporate philanthropy/CSR/charitable foundations
- Experience on a Board with the ability to execute board governance activities (e.g. interpretation of by-laws, recommendations of by-law changes)
- Legal knowledge relevant to operating a non-profit organization
- Experience as a law professional
- Accounting experience and/or experience in managing financial processes
- Fundraising experience
The following qualifications would also be valuable:
- Experience working with Endeavour as a client/volunteer consultant/corporate partner
- Experience working at a senior level in a non-profit organization
- Fundraising expertise and practical experience
- Expertise and networks in the capacity building community at the provincial or local level
- Human resources and team leadership experience
- Non-profit consulting expertise
Apply for this volunteer opportunity by email with your cover letter and resume to the Nominations Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Endeavour Board of Directors” in the subject line by Tuesday, April 14, 2020.