Board Member Recruitment
We envision a world where access to professional consulting services is not a barrier to non-profits in achieving their goals, regardless of their financial capacity.
Endeavour Volunteer Consulting for Non-Profits (Endeavour) is a Canadian charity that provides management consulting to improve organizational capacity and community impact for non-profits. We recruit, train and match teams of skilled volunteers with non-profit organizations in need of pro-bono consulting. Our focus is on serving non-profit organizations that otherwise cannot afford professional consulting.
Since 2007, Endeavour has engaged more than 1,000 volunteers from a variety of fields and industries to provide over $8 million in consulting to local, national and international non-profits based in Canada, primarily in the Greater Toronto Area. Our non-profit clients work in a variety of sectors and services including the arts, children and family services, disabilities, education, environment, healthcare, immigrant services, rural development, skills training, poverty relief, and youth development.
Endeavour also works in partnership with corporations in Canada to offer employer-supported pro-bono and skills-based volunteering programs that contribute to employee engagement, professional and leadership development, recruitment, talent retention and corporate responsibility goals.
Endeavour’s pro bono programs range from one-day pro bono events to longer term volunteer consulting engagements with partners from different sectors.
Endeavour welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including those from equity-seeking groups.
To learn more, visit www.endeavourvolunteer.ca.
Board Member Responsibilities
Endeavour is seeking new board members. While we are recruiting for a range of skills, we are particularly focused on identifying a new Treasurer for a three-year renewable term from 2022 to 2025 to support the organization’s strategic direction and growth.
As a Board member, you will be required to:
- Support the vision, mission and values of Endeavour
- Participate in board meetings and Annual General Meeting in Toronto
- Advise on the organization’s strategic directions and goals
- Provide board-level oversight of Endeavour’s financial matters
- Participate on ad-hoc committees, e.g. strategic planning
- Make a donation
- Support fundraising activities
As Treasurer, you will take the lead in the following board responsibilities:
- Guidance and oversight on financial matters
- Oversight of Endeavour’s financial policy and reporting framework
- Engagement of Auditor/Reviewer
- Lead responsibility for guiding the board on financial risk management oversight and stewardship as well as shared responsibility for broader enterprise risk management with the board
Time commitment: 5 hours per month. There are currently five regular meetings of the Board of Directors scheduled per year. The meetings are typically held on a weekend afternoon or weekday evening for 2-2.5 hours.
Endeavour’s Board is comprised of professionals from the non-profit, private and public sectors. The Board is seeking professionals from a variety of fields and sectors who are passionate and committed to helping Endeavour achieve a new level of success.
As an ideal candidate for the Treasurer position, you will have the following qualifications:
- A professional accounting designation and experience
- Commitment to a 3 year term
The following qualifications would also be an asset for all board candidates:
- Expertise and networks in corporate philanthropy/CSR/charitable foundations
- Understanding of board governance concepts
- Fundraising experience
- Experience working with Endeavour as a client/volunteer consultant/corporate partner
- Experience working at a senior level in a non-profit organization
- Expertise and networks in the capacity building community at the provincial or local level
- Human resources and team leadership experience
- Non-profit consulting expertise
Apply for this volunteer opportunity by email with your cover letter and resume to the Nominations
Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Endeavour Board of Directors” in the subject line by
Friday March 4, 2022. We will be actively reviewing resumes and interviewing qualified candidates
during this time period.