Endeavour Volunteer Consulting for Non-Profits (Endeavour) is seeking new board members for a three-year renewable term from 2021 to 2024 to support the organization’s strategic direction and growth.
Endeavour is a Canadian charity that provides management consulting to improve organizational capacity and community impact for non-profits. We envision a world where access to professional consulting services is not a barrier to non-profits in achieving their goals, regardless of their financial capacity.
Endeavour’s pro bono programs range from one-day pro bono events to longer term volunteer consulting engagements with partners from different sectors. Endeavour also works in partnership with corporations to offer employer-supported volunteering programs that contribute to employee engagement, professional and leadership development, recruitment, talent retention and corporate responsibility goals.
Since 2007, Endeavour has engaged more than 1,000 volunteers from a variety of fields and industries to provide over $8 million in consulting to local, national and international non-profits based in Canada, primarily in the Greater Toronto Area. Our non-profit clients work in a variety of sectors and services including the arts, children and family services, disabilities, education, environment, healthcare, immigrant services, rural development, skills training, poverty relief, and youth development.
To learn more, visit www.endeavourvolunteer.ca.
Board Member Responsibilities
Endeavour is currently seeking three board members to join our existing board for a term beginning June 2021. Of particular interest are individuals with:
- Senior leadership experience in the non-profit sector
- Fundraising expertise with experience leading and participating in fundraising programs and activities
- Marketing and public relations expertise with experience leading branding initiatives
- Expertise and networks in corporate philanthropy or corporate social responsibility
- An entrepreneurial mindset with demonstrated successes in building capacity
As a Board Member, you will be willing to serve for a minimum of a one three-year term and a maximum of two, three-year terms with the ability to participate and contribute as member or chair of our committees. You will have prior experience serving on a non-profit board and have the ability to take on committee responsibilities. You have the time and resources to commit to serving on the board and committees. You work well as part of a team and are willing to contribute to the growth and maturity of the organization.
Director Commitment & Remuneration:
Board members participate in approximately 5 meetings per year and in additional committee meetings as required. While board meetings are normally attended in person, during the pandemic virtual meetings will be held. Committee meetings are normally held virtually. All board member positions are volunteer and do not receive remuneration.
As a Board member, you will be required to:
- Support the vision, mission and values of Endeavour
- Participate in board meetings and the annual general meeting in Toronto
- Participate in ad-hoc and formal committees, for example, nominations, strategic planning, external affairs, governance
- Advise on the organization’s strategic directions and goals
- Provide oversight in finance, human resources, and risk management
- Make a donation
- Support fundraising activities
- Participate in consulting round orientation and review meetings
Apply for this volunteer opportunity by email with your cover letter and resume to the nominations committee at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Endeavour Board of Directors” in the subject line by Tuesday, March 9, 2021.